Sunday, January 9, 2011

5 Years Ago

On this day five years ago, I was given a second chance at life. I came up against several forks in the road that I was on, and I was blessed with the foresight to see that they all would end in catastrophe. So I chose to get off the path I was on and venture into the unknown, until I was able to find a new direction and purpose for myself and my life. I thank God every day I was able to make that choice at that decisive moment, for if I hadn't, I wouldn't be here today.

A preview of four lines from a track called "From Where I Came" which is going to be on my upcoming album, In the Face of No Agreement:

I had to stop burning all the herb and tobacco
put the plug in the jug so I could break my mental shackles
now I earnestly believe there's no problem I can't tackle
no war anymore, because I won the only battle...


No comments:

Post a Comment