Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Intertwined

I want to take another breath

of your soul,

I want you to take

all you want of mine.


I want to wash away the dust,

the shadows that get our eyes

so covered and misguided,

to wipe away the pain

that I caused,

that you caused,

that the world causes.


I envision:

you and me,

walking on a beach

of powder-white sand,

hand in hand, fingers intertwined,

your hair brushing

against my face,

where our greatest worry

is the setting of the sun.


Looking into your eyes

I see an entire world.

compassion and wonder,

love and tenderness,

fiery excitement and icy slumber.


I tell myself not to,

but I keep going back.

I keep going back to those nights,

our nights,

when there was no telling

where your body ended

and mine began,

where the colours of our skin mixed

to form a chocolate too sweet

for any woman or man to taste.


In my loneliest nights,

I still feel you here,

my breath on your neck;

your breath on mine.


Our souls forever intertwined

in a mortal dance,

in a love

that surpasses the flesh.



No comments:

Post a Comment