Monday, October 10, 2011

Bite My Tongue

gave up on the goal of living comfortably
as I saw the floor cave out from under me
wondering when these demons will come for me,
waiting placidly
for the world that’s coming after me;
how will I harbour it?

standing with crooked legs on the ledge far from the edge
of the jumping off point – I’ve already been there
and can’t go back again,
because if I go back again, I won’t come back again;
this is already my second chance

I already put my soul on paper – they don’t read it
put my soul on tracks – they won’t hear it
but for the few that do, I’m eternally grateful.
I turn to G.O.D., I’m told to enjoy the storm
because when there’s calm it won’t last
and even then I’ll be bored with it,
I know it’s true, but this anxiety, I won’t forfeit it
it gives me motivation to make moves without hesitation
because stagnation is the same as death for me.
I won’t atone for my complexity.

I believe that both heaven and hell are kept in me,
kept it we,
as we circumnavigate the seasons
we think our reasons give us the course that we’ll take,
more like karma equals destiny, we have to master our fates
because the only thing carved in stone
in a word that’s been carved in stone, and even that can break.
forgive me, world, I can’t procrastinate

and if I hurt your ego in process, then good,
and if your feelings get the better of you, then I’m sorry,
but I wasn’t put here to be beneath anyone or anything
except the vision that I have defined 
as my purpose to bequeath upon those yet to come

and as such,
I refuse to hold back or to bite my tongue



No comments:

Post a Comment